Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Holy Crap, they're mine?

When I got back form Harpers Ferry, there was a box sitting on my porch. A box that wasn't supposed to be shipped until July 6th and a box that, had I not come home early from Harpers Ferry, may not have still been waiting for me, this being the city and all... and the box saying 12 piece multi-clad pro, and all...
My Mom and Bubba (her Mom) bought me a combined moving in/ birthday present, and this is what they got... I am absolutely in love with them, and can't wait to cook in them. I have my friend, Jens, coming over for dinner this week and we're going to get them all broken in (maybe not every single one, but a bunch of them). When I finally got all the packing cardboard and plastic bags off of them, I lined them up on the couch and almost cried. I'm 35 years old, and I've never had such a lovely set of cookware... they're really quite something.
Thanks Mom and Bubba!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

May you have them for many, many years to come. I certainly hope you did not inherit my cooking skills! Enjoy them all!