Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Monday, July 12, 2010

A new blog from a friend

My girlfriend at work and her cousin (I think) have a blog they created and I'm so envious of them. They post pictures once a week, one from the States, my friend, Ines and one from France, her cousin, and put them together to form a blog post. I am overwhelmed and fascinated by their blog. The difference in images and culture and light and depth, things so similar and so foreign, I can't wait each week to see what they've seen... and there are no words. My blog is all about words and I add pictures to keep people's attention, and here, two women, and all they put up are pictures, images of life in on two different continents, just their everyday. I wonder if I only put up pictures if they would tell a story like this blog does... I feel like a very lazy artist right now, and it's inspiring to see a blog so different than mine and so lovely and creative, and about a woman I know from work, but that I clearly don't know as a person... and I like that person, a lot! What a great gift, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing.
If you have a moment, take a look, I hope that you are as captivated as I am by their creation, doesn't it make you want to write a short story for every week they post?
Cheers friend!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I looked at their pictures and felt a little empty. What I so enjoy about your blog is your writing (and your pictures). Capturing the writing with the pictures makes it complete. Keep doing what you're doing!