Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Little Blue House

I finally made some pictures of our little blue house. Finally, hahaha, we've been here for 3 days... it's a high of 28 degrees today and blustery as hell, so it was a quick and dirty picture making job. Enjoy! We are loving it!
Well this is it, pretty unassuming from the outside. It sits on 5 acres of wooded property almost on top of the mountain. The little brown house to the left was the original structure, and although it's empty, there's no running water and the owner says there a crazy mold issue once it warms up, so we won't be spending any time in there. Which is fine by me, because I'm in love with the little blue house.
Here's the deck, it over looks the side yard, towards the little brown house and the back yard
which looks like this... pretty awesome!
Hahaha! Here's poor Hank trying to get back inside any door he sees. It was really cold and windy today! The sliding glass doors lead to the main living space. In the spring summer and fall (basically every time but now, it's going to get a ton of use!)
Here's the back of the house. Check out the windows... I'm drooling!! Oh, hahaha, the backyard's a bit steep, so I won't be doing much in it, but June gets a kick out of plowing up and down like a mad woman!
Just like this!
and then Zoom!!
This is the main living area, it has a kicking wood stove, lovely furniture left by the owner whom doesn't mind if the hounds make use of it as well. Oh, and I'm still unpacking, so that mass of stuff in the corner isn't permanent.
This is the view from the mass of stuff, looking towards the front door, the half bath, the kitchen and the stairs leading up to the bedroom and the loft.
Here's my bedroom, YAY!
and the other side of my bedroom, boo, look at all that stuff that still needs a putting aways...
the full bathroom on the bedroom level
the view form the stairs leading to the bedroom
the view from the loft
I think June likes it!
and I think that poor Hank will make do...
Cheers!

6 comments:

Sarah R said...

Mir, your new home is lovely. Does it have a guest bed? xoxox Love you honey

Three Four said...

Oh my goodness... your house is beautiful. What a perfect place for you to be in right now. I can't wait to visit on an early afternoon :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous home! Can I move in when it's warmer? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love the new digs! Let me know when we can bring over some bread & salt.
And beer. Lots.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place!!! Each season living there will be spectacular! Keep it clean and tidy and you'll love it!
Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a great place -inside and out. Maybe I'll come visit when it's warm and bring my hounds!