Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

HOLY BALLS!!!

Holy Balls, what plant is this!! I love it!!! It's flowers are like like chandeliers and they glow in the morning light like nothing I've ever seen!!
I walk past them every morning, from Merv's to the metro at Union Station, and every morning, I stop, touch them, smile at them, wink at them, smile some more, wiggle a little, and then use every bit of will power I have to not pluck every single stalk of flowers, shove them in my HUGE city purse and take off running!
They are pretty, no?
Cheers!

2 comments:

The Dean said...

Pieris Japonica (pearce)
A Japanese evergreen shrub.

Mom said...

So now I learn that Dean knows dogs AND plants!!
They look like tiny pearls you'd find in an oyster. Beautiful and so perfect!