Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sundogs...

So, after visiting with Dean and Steve, June and I went back down the hill, picked up Chris and Cane and we all went for a walk along the canal. The hounds had a great time and Chris and I enjoyed the sunshine. It's weird how well we've been able to maintain our friendship after having such a long relationship fail... all I can say is that we did the right thing, and I'm glad that I still have a friend.
So, as I was making pictures of the hounds running around all crazy, and Chris was unpacking the lunch he brought,
some jackass who will remain unnamed, found a mud puddle...
and some other younger jackass, who will also remain unnamed, learned about how awesome mudpuddles are...
HA! until someone splashes mudpuddle in your face!
oh being young is tough sometimes...
UGH!!! Look at that filthy dog!!! Chris was howling with laughter, the hounds were having a ball, and I was slowly being covered in mud as they made laps around me shedding muck and nasty like mudflaps on a big rig...
my favorite picture of the afternoon... this how you completely enjoy a spring day.
HA! Dogque du soleil...
This is a great tattoo arm band... this is what I see, and no Mom, not getting another one...
thanks goodness mudpuddles are found near rivers...
HA! Mud is gone, and hello sand.
nice shake... Between coffee with Dean and Steve and a nice walk with Chris, June and I spent several hours in the sun on Saturday...
We dropped Chris off at his place, picked up Hank (who'd been napping in the basement on the couch) and off we went, back up the mountain... so we could sit in the sun all the rest of the sunny day until it went down...
even Hank sat in the sun (if you count sleeping on the leather couch indoors on a glorious day... what a butt... ehh, at least he's happy!
Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O what a great picture of Hank. I liked the mudpuddle pictures best - it looked like such fun! Glad you are back to writing!

Mom said...

Thanks for no more tattoos!
It must be great being a dog with no restrictions on how clean you have to stay. Total bliss!!!