Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Off of the mountain and back to DC...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

snow night, I meant, good night...

OK, here are the last snow images of the day. My Mom bitched to me about not having Miami up, so now I feel all bad for not posting Miami first, but not so bad that I won't post these last images of snow for the evening. Bob came over around 5pm tonight and as I opened the door, he said, thanks for dinner last night, the light is beautiful right now, everything looks like a sculpture, and you're burning your fire wrong. Hahahaha!!! Um, thanks neighbor. So, after being lectured about proper log burning, I put on my second pair of socks, the hard wear fleece, the jacket, the gloves, the milk boots, the hat, the scarf, got made fun of for not having snow pants, grabbed the camera and followed him along the path he made up to my house to make a few pictures in the pretty light... mostly of June, of course...
HA! She cannot get enough of the snow. I fell bad that Cane isn't up here with us. I would have offered to take him on Friday morning, but I know Chris would have missed him terribly, and snow isn't as much fun without hounds.
so she's having to suck it up and have fun with me, also known as molasses lomaskin, or make it herself.
I think she's doing ok making it herself. She runs in front of me along the paths that we've blazed through the snow and then she turns around and makes crazy moves with her body, all wiggly and sometimes a bit breakdancishly robotic and then runs back towards me and tries to squeak past me, which is pretty impossible because the path is only as big as my two legs walking.
HA, here she is trying to pass me
and her in the path. Look how much taller the snow is than her, ok, actually not that much at all, but it seemed like it.
oh, this is a better perspective... it's a good half a foot taller than she is...
HA, and here she is tearing ass towards me!! hahahaha, I would laugh so hard, I'd plunk my butt down in the snow as I'd lose my balance from the giggles and poor Bob must have thought I was losing my mind, but she was just so animated and funny!!
Bob finally had enough of us and said he was going back inside to make slushy margaritas, and June and I blazed a trail back to the house.
and then I made 3 really sweet pictures of my June before calling it an afternoon and heading back indoors.
isn't she so awesome!!
ooh, hahaha, she's resting her head on a path wall while standing in the hole I just made as I pushed through the snow...
Cheers!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautiful, beautiful June - she just fills your heart!! You should use the picture of June in front of the house as the official picture of Blue House Red Dog.